poniedziałek, 11 lutego 2019

the 25th Anniversary Invitational Exhibition in Principle Gallery

Huge honor to me to be included in the 25th Anniversary Invitational Exhibition in Principle Gallery Alexandria with my "Fundamental thing"! Opening next Friday (22nd) from 6:30-9pm!
Thank You Principle Gallery!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To dla mnie wielki honor być zaproszoną na 25th Anniversary Invitational Exhibition w Principle Gallery Alexandria i zaprezentować tam mój obraz pt „Podstawowa rzecz”. Wernisaż już w następny Piątek!
Dziękuję zaspołowi Principle Gallery!



Anna Wypych is an astonishingly talented painter from Poland. We'll have the pleasure to exhibit this new work in our 25th Anniversary Exhibition, opening on the 22nd from 6:30-9pm. Click the image and look at the detail. Also, read the text below. This is an excerpt from her website where she writes about each of her pieces. It's fascinating to read what an artist has to say about their works, especially if there's so much more to see than meets the eye...at first.

"Fundamental Thing" 15.75x19.75, oil on linen

"There is something "special” in the fire, that when you look at it, freezes for a moment as if for a second looking not into the fire, but own soul.

Hyperrealism has its rights, but when I paint the light of the fire on the skin – I just cannot be calm. I feel like the whole skin is moving a little, the color is most important, the vibrations….

As always, I hid something, but this time I will not say what exactly, it’s rather small anecdotes for watching in life.

I like to hide various things in my paintings, motifs, sometimes symbols or objects, but more often small drawings and illustrations. I think of them as small jokes. Repeating after the Polish Nobel laureate, a poet whom I admire and respect, Wislawa Szymborska: when I paint and I am talking about serious things, I have the impression that someone stands behind me, and makes faces. I can not and I do not want to be serious too much." -Anna Wypych
— w miejscu: Principle Gallery

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz